My Entrepreneurship Story - 3A


My entrepreneurship story starts in my sophomore year of high school. My school was an academy organized school, every student had to pick an academy that they would focus on for the rest of their time at the school. At the end of senior year each student was required to present a capstone, or a project that started from sophomore year. I was actually in the Entrepreneurship academy. Our capstone project was to create a business from start to finish. We had full reign and creativity without business ideas. We were allowed to partner with 1 to 2 other classmates or venture on our own. 

We had many entrepreneurs visit our class for guest lectures and give us mentoring with our own business ideas. A Chick-Fil-A franchise owner explained how he started as a fry cook and ended up being an owner with incredible revenue growth. Like the professor has mentioned in the lectures, it sometimes requires working more hours than a traditional 9-5. This process taught me the importance of having an extremely detailed business plan model. Starting a business is not simple, even in theory. It takes time and 100% dedication from everyone involved.

 Image result for entrepreneur business plan




I enrolled in ENT 3003 because of my business major, seeing as how it’s a requirement. But also, focusing so much on entrepreneurship during high school, it helped my appreciation for the course. My father also being an entrepreneur all his life has inspired myself and my sisters. He runs his own company, that is partnered with the Home Depot and is growing everyday. I am excited to learn more in this class and hopefully apply my newfound knowledge in the future.

Amanda x

Comments

  1. Hi Amanda! What a great experience it must have been to be able to create your own business at such a young age. It’s great that you’re taking this class because it will definitely open many more opportunities! If you ever want something you can never just take the easy road. You definitely have to put in the time to get things done correctly. I’m sure with your father’s experience you are very well capable of running your own business! Maybe one day you and your sisters can all open up a family business together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, I think that's impressive that your school required you to take on a project like that. I'm also incredibly impressed by people that put in the dedication to create their own business and that can dedicate the hours to build it up. That must've been an great learning experience watching your father build his own business, I hope this class prepares you for that kind of future if you hope to open your own business as well, one day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch No. 2 - 17A